We would like to inform you of our policy on the handling of information that pertains to our customers, business partners and others, as described below. We will strive to protect the information of our customers and others appropriately in accordance with this policy, and appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Revised: Oct.1, 2017
Kyoto Research Park Corp.
Ⅰ．Concept on Protection of Information
- We will treat customers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc. (collectively hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”), appropriately in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Number Usage Act*, and other relevant laws and regulations. We will also strive to improve the handling of Personal Information as necessary.
*The Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures
- We will clarify our rules on the handling of Personal Information, etc. and fully disseminate them to our employees. In addition, we will request that our business partners, etc. treat Personal Information, etc., appropriately as well.
- When collecting Personal Information, etc., we will specify the purpose of utilization, notify or publish it, and treat said Personal Information, etc., in accordance with such purpose.
- We will control Personal Information, etc., appropriately by implementing necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, falsification, etc.
- We will accept and sincerely respond to a request made to our service desk by a person whose Personal Information, etc., is held by us for the disclosure, amendment, deletion or suspension of use of his/her Personal Information, etc.
- We will also treat the information of our corporate or other institutional customers and shareholders appropriately in accordance with our policy described above and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations, with due consideration to the purpose of utilization, public nature and other aspects of such information.
1. Purpose of utilization
We acquire our customers’ information, including customers’ names, addresses and telephone numbers (collectively hereinafter, “Customer Information”), directly or via our contractors, etc., when we receive various applications in order to offer various types of facility services, or from publications such as telephone directories and house maps. We will use such information for the purposes set forth below.
- Rental service of office spaces
- Rental service of laboratory spaces
- Rental service of parking spaces
- Energy supply and safety operations including repair, replacement and inspection of energy supply facilities and energy appliances
- Housing service
- Convention service
- Support and Incubation of businesses
- Support for Industry-Academia-Government Collaboration
- Public notices, advertisements, surveys and data accumulation/analysis, and research and development of services and products relating to the businesses described above
- Implementation of other business activities incidental to 1. to 9. above
In order to conduct the businesses described above smoothly, we may entrust some part of our business operations to financial institutions, credit card companies, other business partners, and Daigas Group companies. When we entrust our operations to these contractors, we may disclose Customer Information to them to the extent necessary. In such cases, we will exercise appropriate supervision over such companies, for example, by executing agreements with them pertaining to the handling of Customer Information, etc.
2. Disclosure/provision to a third party
We neither disclose nor provide Customer Information to any third party except in the cases stated in “1. Purpose of utilization” or any of the following cases.
- Cases in which the customer gives consent
- Cases in which disclosure or provision is required by laws or regulations
- Cases in which the provision of Customer Information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which the provision of Customer Information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with the national government or local public entities in their performance of public affairs through our provision of Customer Information, and in which obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to impede the execution of such affairs
When a customer requests that we disclose his/her own Customer Information held by us, we will confirm that the person making the request is in fact the customer concerned and then fulfill the request within a reasonable time period and to a reasonable extent.
4 .Corrections, etc.
When a customer requests that we make corrections or additions to, or deletions of certain details of, his/her own Customer Information held by us, we will confirm that the person making the request is in fact the customer concerned and then make the requested corrections, additions or deletions within a reasonable time period and to a reasonable extent if the original details of such information do not correctly reflect the facts.
5 .Suspension of use and deletion
When a customer requests that we suspend our use of his/her own Customer Information held by us or to have such information deleted, we will confirm that the person making the request is in fact the customer concerned and then suspend our use of, or delete, such information within a reasonable time period and to a reasonable extent.
If the suspension of our use or deletion of part or all of such information has been implemented, we may not be able to continue to provide services as wished by the customer, despite our intention to do so. Therefore, we ask for our customers’ understanding and cooperation on this matter. (Please note that requests for the suspension of use or deletion of certain information held by us under relevant laws and regulations may not be accepted.)
6 .Procedure and contact for making requests for disclosure and other matters
A customer can make a request for disclosure and other matters concerning his/her Customer Information (as set forth in 3., 4., and 5. above) held by us, or make an inquiry regarding our handling of Customer Information in accordance with the following procedure. Please be advised that a request for disclosure or other matters not in line with the procedure may not be accepted.
- Please contact the designated
service desk below by telephone or mail. After we confirm that the person making the request is in fact the customer (or his/her proxy),* we will reply to the customer in writing. Depending on the nature of the request/inquiry,
we may ask the customer to submit a written request form designated by us. Please note that for some requests it may take a certain number of days before we can respond. The customer will be required to pay our standard handling charge to receive our reply in writing.
＊When a customer makes a request/inquiry, his/her identity will be confirmed by the measures set forth below:
○Verification of his/her information registered with us such as his/her name, address, telephone number, and bank account number for the payment of charges.
○Callback to his/her telephone number registered with us.
○Reference to his/her identification documents such as his/her driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, or certification of seal impression
When a request is made by a proxy representing the customer, confirmation will be made by receipt of a power of attorney granted by the customer with a certificate of a seal impression for the seal affixed thereto, and by making a telephone call to the customer in person, or taking other measures.
Service Hours: 9:00–17:40 (Weekdays [closed on Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May 1 and the period from December 29 to January 4])
To: Administration Dept., Kyoto Research Park Corp.
Chudoji Minami-machi 134,Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, 600-8813
To unfailingly verify the identity of customers, we may confirm with them information only known to them when they make an inquiry by telephone.
Some parts of this website use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for various forms of communication in order to prevent third-party access, or any other leakage of personal information.